[Tweeters] Canada (gray) jays in Olympic National Park?

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:34:01 PDT 2023

eBird is a great resource for this kind of question -- where species have
been seen recently or this time of year, etc.

Go to eBird > Explore and type Canada Jay. That gets you here:
https://ebird.org/species/gryjay

Then click on 'large map' on the lower right. On the large map, you can set
it to the current year, month, etc. and you can zoom in until you see the
blue and red pins. On the right, you can click "show points sooner" to see
more of them. Red pins mean the last 30 days, though this is less
important for Canada Jays, as they are fairly regular, at least seasonally.

good birding,

On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 10:16 PM Cindy Marzolf <cindym0711 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I just learned we have Canada (formerly known as gray) jays in Olympic

> National Park. Any tips on some of the best places to see them in the

> southern part of the park, such as around Lake Quinault Lodge, without

> extensive hiking?

> Thanks in advance,

> Cindy

​Steve Hampton​