[Tweeters] Fwd: How we have summer Brown Pelicans and occasional Murrelets

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 13:35:08 PDT 2023

I had the privilege of being involved with the rat eradication project on
Anacapa-- probably one of the most beneficial projects for seabirds (and an
entire ecosystem) in the US.

There are several short videos about the project here:
https://wildlife.ca.gov/OSPR/NRDA/American-Trader

I recommend, for starters, the 4-min video that was done 10 years after the
project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4mLKN6LT0

Note that similar issues affect seabird colonies around the world.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 8:08 AM Robert O'Brien <baro at pdx.edu> wrote:

> https://www.nps.gov/places/000/inspiration-point-3.htm

> Quite extensive text and video. Very well done. Both the

> extermination and the presentations.

> Bob OBrien Carer OR

​Steve Hampton​
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)