[Tweeters] Killdeer at Tumwater Historical Park and Violet-Green Swallow Question

Deborah West olyclarinet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:25:46 PDT 2023

We have been seeing killdeer—killdeers?—at Tumwater Historical Park for several days now. Two of them go into their broken-wing act. Have not yet found a nest but then we try not to disturb them. Many people use the park but I hope the killdeer are successful if they indeed have a nest.

I have been hearing violet-green swallows between 3:00 am and 4:00 am for several mornings now. In the past I have seen them shortly before dawn but 3:00 am seems a bit early. Is this normal behavior.

Deborah
Olympia