birdmarymoor birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jun 8 16:10:31 PDT 2023

Tweets - It was a delightful day at Marymoor, with sunny skies and temps mostly in the low '60s.  But it was pretty much a duplicate of last week.  We had only one species this week that we didn't have last week:

    Pied-billed Grebe - Two from the lake platform, first in 10 weeks

Other than that, it was the same only slightly less.  There were only two BALD EAGLES not nine, and there were four species that we had last week that we missed this week: Rock Pigeon, Mourning Dove, Glaucous-winged Gull (*may* have seen one a mile away), and Red-tailed Hawk.

It was a good day for mammal sightings though:

    Eastern Gray Squirrel - near mansion
    American Beaver - across from Dog Central
    Muskrat - from Rowing Club dock
    Eastern Cottontail - a couple
    River Otter - across from Dog Central

Earlier in the week, Kazuto Shibata photographed a BOBCAT.

For the day, 56 species.

= Michael Hobbs