[Tweeters] Reserves Along the Columbia

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Fri Jun 9 14:55:17 PDT 2023

Tweet!

I was chasing a link earlier today that took me to google maps
for a small section of the Columbia River. Expanding and
exploring I found that there are NWRs all up and down the river
and on both sides. I'm not surprised by this - but didn't know
about it.

My questions are:

1) If you bird one/some of these do you find them "productive"?
2) References?
3) Are there specific seasons of the year when they are more
productive than other times?
4) Is there a time of day that you prefer/find more productive?
5) Is the state of the tide important in the lower Columbia? I'm
guessing it is - so please add in what stage of the tide seems
to be better. And also how far up the Columbia is the tide
important to the birding?
- Jim in Burlington