[Tweeters] Monroe Vaux's Swifts

Mark Peterson mrpeters23 at msn.com
Thu Jun 22 15:44:55 PDT 2023

Report on June 20th{

We went up to watch on Tuesday night and it was pretty nice. No one else was in the parking lot and the activity was robust at sunset, starting about an hour before in waves.

We did see a Merlin like bird (too dark, larger and with pointed wingtips) swoop through the middle of the flock and the flock was disrupted for a while, moving up in altitude while doing a wider circle. They soon reformed and continued to pour into the chimney. Last night's webcam didn't show very many birds. Like has been mentioned, rains help to attract them.