[Tweeters] spring migration during heat waves

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Fri May 12 05:46:23 PDT 2023

BirdCast is showing a pretty massive movement last night, two to three x
average.
See https://dashboard.birdcast.info/region/US-WA-033

I expect this to continue thru the weekend. Birds seem to really move
during high pressure systems, especially spring migrants in a hurry. I
assume it's just good flying conditions. Nearly all the rarities I've ever
found during spring migration were on the mornings of heat wave days.

I recommend riparian corridors and coastal promontories, but even your
backyard may be enjoyable!

good birding!

--
Steve Hampton