[Tweeters] Lazuli Bunting Pair in my back garden

Vicki vickibiltz at gmail.com
Sat May 13 09:47:48 PDT 2023

Hello,
Earlier today I heard the call nite of an Evening Grosbeak, so I quit my
weeding and sat on our back deck. After retrieving my camera, I was just
shooting randomly hoping for a decent shot of the Lesser Goldfinches, when
a brilliant small blue head popped out of the lower portion of a birch and
landed on some dandelions that had gone to seed. Next to him, but tucked in
the shade was the female, who I didn’t get a photo of. Shortly after they
flew into the wooded edge of our back garden, male following the skittish
female, and disappeared into the thicket. We have a 1,000 gallon pond, with
a 12’ or longer stream, and right next door, our neighbors have a 3,000
gallon pond with three waterfalls.
I had seen a male Lazuli my first spring in this location, about 8? years
ago, and hadn’t seen them since. Now I’m wondering just what’s gone on in
my garden that I’ve not seen?!!!
I’ll try and keep you posted if they continue here. And if the evening
grosbeak's show up in force. I’m losing hope on the grosbeaks however.
Happy Birding,
Vicki Biltz
Buckley, WA 98321
vickibiltz@ gmail.com