[Tweeters] Close-ups of breeding plumage Double-crested Cormorants (Blaine)

Eric Ellingson esellingson at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:24:29 PDT 2023

The Double-crested Cormorants on the Blaine Marina breakwater are looking
spectacular, as far as a cormorant can be.
Clearly defined white double crests, bright cobalt blue of their inner
mouth, and a few strange poses. The one shot with the tail, wings and head
up I saw only two doing. They'd get into this position and kind of rock
about.
For those not familiar with this area, a few hundred birds and a hundred
nests line the rocky breakwater.

The Pacific Loons keep looking better too. There were still a few hundred
off Semiahmoo Spit a few days ago. Maybe my best views yet.

Photos posted here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericellingson/

--

Eric Ellingson

360-820-6396 | esellingson at gmail.com