[Tweeters] Hawk tagged

Robert O'Brien baro at pdx.edu
Sun May 28 18:09:58 PDT 2023

A few years back, on a Raptor Route near Sandy OR, I observed and
photographed a tagged Redtail. Turns out it had been originally tagged
(naturally) at PDX but then had been first detected about 100 miles SE.
But it returned. I detected it 2 years later, about 10 miles due east of
PDX, along the Columbia. That's one reason. Without the tags I would
never have recognized it. Seems this one observation is reason enough for
tagging.. I'm sure there are many more. Carole Hallett would know.
Bob OBrien Portland