[Tweeters] Southwest Washington Birding - three day "November" trip

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 20:01:55 PDT 2023

Hi Tweets, and Inland Birders,

I have been making roughly monthly trips down to the Southwest Corner of Washington, with an aim to find 150 species this year in Skamania, Wahkiakum, Cowlitz, and Clark Counties. I had made a previous trip down in October (including some kayaking in Wahkiakum County - a trip whose two entries have now been added into the blog), and just returned yesterday from a three-day trip. I'm counting it as my November trip, hence three days of blogging under that title, all in October.

I learned a lot about wind, and found some good birds. 😄 I made some good progress on the year goals, and took some pretty pictures along the way, some of them of birds. In the continuation of themes for the year, I even got Rickrolled by a Great Egret. It's. . . hard to explain without context, but I hope it's a good read:

https://southwestwashingtonbirding.blogspot.com/2023/11/october-29th-november-trip-day-one.html
https://southwestwashingtonbirding.blogspot.com/2023/11/october-30th-november-trip-day-two.html
https://southwestwashingtonbirding.blogspot.com/2023/11/october-31st-november-trip-day-3.html

The page with the running tally<https://southwestwashingtonbirding.blogspot.com/p/running-tallies-and-needs-lists.html> has also been updated fully - it had fallen behind a wee bit.

Barring some good timing on a fun chasable bird, I think the next (and final) trip for the year will be for Christmas Bird Counts in December.

Cheers!
Tim Brennan, Renton