[Tweeters] Super long shot: Son reports a waterthrush at NSC

Joshua Hayes joshuaahayes at protonmail.com
Mon Nov 6 17:42:40 PST 2023

Hey all,

I've learned over the years to never discount my son's sharp eyes, but I do sometimes wonder if some of his sightings are more, ah, aspirational than others.

At any rate, he says he saw a Northern Waterthrush at the north end of North Seattle College, flittering between the currently-flooded wetland at the northeast end of the parking lot and the permanent slough to the east, between the highway and the college. I quizzed him on the ID, and he's adamant about it, but of course, without photos or confirmation it'd be a ridiculously long shot to go looking for it. But he's been right before, so.... if you're in the area, might be worth looking tomorrow.

Josh Hayes
Joshuaahayes at proton.me
Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.