[Tweeters] Birding away from home?

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Nov 7 09:51:43 PST 2023

Hi all,

We're in the process of picking our travel destinations for 2024.
When we go somewhere we like to include at least one 'birding event'.

Is there any particular method you use to select a birding guide when
you are away on a trip. For example Singapore, Australia, Ireland,
Eastern Mediterranean (not Greece, the Eastern side of the Adriatic),
Romania, etc.

I am not looking for specific recommendations - I'm looking for some
"methodology for finding quality guides". What we've done in the past
is to 'consult the web' and the results have been hit and miss. It
also appears that quality guides are booked in advance and so if you
wait too long you end up with less than stellar guides.

- Jim and Loretta