[Tweeters] Heads up, Red Fox Sparrow is gone

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 10:55:21 PST 2023

Hi all,
The Red Fox Sparrow didn't show up this morning (Thursday the 9th)
There is a lot of self-recrimination on my part for thinking I could fix the leak that had developed (first in twelve years) in the creek. Dan Reiff, who is kind of an expert on bird- thought after spending a multitude of hours watching Owls at night, is the only other birder besides Delia and me to have seen the creek right before and right after I embarked on the fix, and may have some insights as to why our neighborhood birds and most sadly, El Rojito, have almost entirely deserted us.
Best wishes,
Ed Newbold (and Delia Scholes)