[Tweeters] Digiscope attachment- opinions

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 07:18:56 PST 2023

I had a PhoneScope for a previous phone. It was phone model specific, and
worked okay for the Samsung S4 I owned then. It would not fit any other
model phone. I did not like that the collar piece stayed on the scope
eyepiece, nor how tgat collar wedged onto the scope eyepiece hood.

Two phone models later, I'm pleased with my Novagrade digiscoping adapter.
It's adjustable to fit most phones and most birding optics' eyepieces. It's
well machined from high quality aluminum, with well designed high quality
plastic, brass, and stainless steel components. I like that I will be able
to use it with other phones and scopes and binoculars. It works well on my
Zeiss Diascope 85 TFL and on my Swarovski ATX? 80 backup scope. When
removed, no piece remains on the eyepiece.

To prevent vibration induced blur I usually use a cheap Bluetooth remote to
trigger my camera shutter, or use the stylus from my phone. It has a button
that works as a wireless shutter trigger.

Novagrade tech support was excellent in answering detailed questions I
asked of them.

They also make direct projection adapters for Nikon and Canon.

Here is a link to the Novagrade Phone Adapter Double Gripper:

https://novagrade.com/products/phone-adapter-double-gripper?gclid=CjwKCAiAxreqBhAxEiwAfGfndNAVe-qhcVNL9XgRxq49s380jrPdBTiSkGLEPDQf7PiSw72_e1th_hoCAmkQAvD_BwE

Good Birding,
https://www.aba.org/aba-code-of-birding-ethics/
Kevin Lucas