[Tweeters] Renaming birds, and other things

Al Wagar jalanwagar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 12:46:04 PST 2023

I too am a bit bothered by the rush to disassociate ourselves from the racist rascals of past eras. It seems that most of our Founding Fathers, including George Washiingnton, owned slaves, as did most of the elite of that time. So goodness, gracious, we shouldn’t name anything after George. Maybe our fine State of Washington can become "North Cascadia," or maybe just “Cascadia" since “Oregon” may not be offensive. Perhaps Washington, D.C. can simply be shortened to “District of Columbia.” Where will all this stop?
Al Wagar
Seattle