[Tweeters] What's in a name ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Nov 28 15:46:33 PST 2023

So I'm on the other side of things ...

A name is an identifier. Nothing more, nothing less.

So I'm against renaming. The only justification for renaming - to
me - is if
the name is new (a 'new' species) ... or if the name causes errors in ID'ing.

Let me ask you this ... if your name is "Jim" ... how about if I decide to
call you "David"? Why do some people want to change the names of things.
I don't really know ...

I'd like LESS CHANGE in my life. It's part of being old.

I'll adapt - the Marsh Hawk is now a Northern Harrier. Better? I'm not
sure ...
- Jim