[Tweeters] 2 million swifts

Larry Schwitters leschwitters at me.com
Sun Oct 1 15:43:20 PDT 2023

This spring our Vaux’s Happening numbers were the lowest ever. (almost)

The southbound migration, that’s still going on, is already Vaux’s Happenings best with big numbers last night at Rainier, Eugene, and San Francisco. We've documented over two million swifts going into a roost since mid August. Any yes, most of them get counted more than once. More like ten times.

Are there more swifts? Are we getting better at finding them? Or something else?

Let me know if you would like to be involved next spring.

Our Monroe Wagner live cams have been put to sleep until next April.

Larry Schwitters
Issaquah