[Tweeters] Raptor migration

Nelson Briefer nreiferb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 08:48:14 PDT 2023

Dear birders and hawk watchers. I have observed the goshawk in five
counties, all west of the Cascades. Four factors determine if a raptor is
in migration: The direction of the hawk. The altitude of the hawk. The
speed and determination of the hawk. And the season. You will probably
never observe a Cooper’s Hawk or a Goshawk in migration unless you live in
a major or secondary migration route. All of the NG I have observed in WA
were resident NG. Cheers, Nelson Briefer— Anacortes.