[Tweeters] The Big Sit, Oct 9, 2023 (Discovery Park, Seattle)

Elaine Chuang elc at uw.edu
Sat Oct 7 10:52:28 PDT 2023

If you’re casting about for something birdy to do tomorrow, come take part in The Big Sit <https://www.thebigsit.org/>, birding’s most sedentary activity. Join our intrepid team at Discovery Park where we will be stationed in our 17 foot circle at the Sand Dunes (47°39'25.2"N 122°25'17.8”W). We will take up our post there at 6:00AM and persevere for as long as we can manage.

Come for as short or as long a visit as you wish! We would welcome your eyes and ears, encouragement, snacks, etc. For inspiration, our team, the South Meadowlarks, identified 52 species last year (all from within that 17 foot circle), including the fabulous first sighting of that Broad-winged Hawk. The question is, how many will we identify this year? Who knows what we might “bird-dog” together? See ya!

Elaine elc at uw dot edu