[Tweeters] Pygmy Nuthatch in Port Townsend

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:17:35 PDT 2023

Today I was fortunate that a Pygmy Nuthatch was calling vociferously as I
was biking past in North Beach, Port Townsend, Jefferson County. Ended up
with audio and pics. This is a potential first record for Jefferson Co. and
maybe the first on the Olympic Pen away from Neah Bay, and adds another
data point to this fall's irruption of species from the interior.

Details here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S152418632

I suspect this bird will stay a bit, as there are several feeders in the
area that were attracting chickadees and Red-br Nuthatches, as well as a
good group of Doug-fir and cedars.

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton