[Tweeters] FOS Bufflehead

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 00:37:07 PDT 2023

I saw my First-of-Season male Bufflehead on Lake Jeane here in Twin Lakes,
Federal Way yesterday afternoon. An additional two males and one female
were on Lake Lorene, Twin Lakes this morning. Also on Lake Jeane were 9
male and 8 female Hooded Mergansers, some Ruddy Ducks, Lesser Scaup and
Ring-necked Ducks and Mallards of course.
The single Snow Goose continues at Treasure Island Park/Lake Jeane along
with a large, lively horde of Cackling Geese. Unfortunately some park
visitors think it is fun to turn their dogs or kids loose on the geese!
Currently at Lake Jeane there are large numbers of American Wigeons, and
in order of abundance Mallards. Ring-necked Ducks, Gadwalls, Northern
Shoveler, Bufflehead and a few American Coots and Pied-billed Grebes. There
are Eurasian Wigeon hybrids in the mcrowd. Have fun sorting them out!

Good Birding!

Hans
--
*Hans Feddern*