[Tweeters] Veazie Marsh Yesterday

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 00:10:06 PDT 2023

We birded Veazie Marsh north of Enumclaw yesterday afternoon
(Friday 10/27). Of interest were a single Great Egret and a single
Trumpeter Swan. The swan actually.did a fly around, but while swimming at
times only its head and neck were visible since the marsh is overgrown
right now. A Wilson's Snipe also did a fly-by. It was likely spooked by
one of the two female Northern Harriers patrolling over the area. Another
interesting find was a dark morph Red-tailed Hawk. It refused to be a
Rough-legged Hawk!
Earlier we took a walk around Van Lierop Park in East Puyallup, close to
the trailhead for Foothills trail. Note that the parking lot is currently
closed. Seems that it is being enlarged. The only birds we could find at
Van Lierop, was a flock of 15 to 20 Western Meadowlarks.
This morning I had a single Mourning Dove under a feeder in our backyard.
They are very rare in this neighborhood. Fortunately we have not been
discovered by Eurasian collared-Doves!

Good Birding!

Hans

--