[Tweeters] Mini Trip Report - Lincoln, Ca.

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Mon Oct 30 12:28:17 PDT 2023

Hi all,

We're in Lincoln, Ca for a family event. I went out and walked the
"Ferrari Ponds" (an eBird hot spot) and it seems to me that the
migration hasn't gotten this far South ... yet. There were some
Canada Geese but not enough to say "not locals", 3 buffleheads,
a couple dozen mallards (both male and female and paired up, so
probably locals), a Snowy Egret, and a few passerines. No
finches of any kind - no other species of ducks - no GBH today.

So nothing of particular interest - but still good to get out
and walk the ponds again. Weather 48 when I went out, low 60's
before I got back just 90 minutes later.
- Jim