[Tweeters] Tweeters] Wednesday Walk at Billy Frank Jr Nisqually NWR

Robert O'Brien baro at pdx.edu
Fri Sep 8 02:27:43 PDT 2023

I've seen exactly the situation multiple times. A couple memorable ones
were: two crows versus a Merlin in South Florida. It's hard to know which
was the aggressor here, they took turns. Initially the crows were diving at
the Merlin which retaliated. This went on for about 10 minutes before the
Merlin moved on. A migrant heading south likely over the Gulf. The crows
residents. Another time it was a Raven versus a Peregrine in the Hills
above Alviso California. Once again they switched places first The Raven
going after the Peregrine then the reverse. Back and forth back and forth.
Both of them masters of the air. Bob O'Brien Portland