[Tweeters] Falcons at Play (was Re: Tweeters] Wednesday Walk at Billy Frank Jr)

Robert O'Brien baro at pdx.edu
Sat Sep 9 20:32:00 PDT 2023

Peregrine & bald eagle:
I may have told this one before but it's such a good story here it is
again. I didn't see this, it was reported on o b o l.
A bald eagle was flying casually across Yaquina Bay. A Peregrine came up
and started dive bombing it. Over and over, up and down, up and down. The
bald eagle wasn't in for playfulness. As the Peregrine came rocketing past
for the nth time, the bald eagle simply flipped upside down and grabbed it.
Literally out of mid-air. R. I. P. The Peregrine, no more fun and games for
that one. Who says bald eagles are simply scavengers and klepto parasites
Bob O'Brien Portland