[Tweeters] Great Blue Herons defending their feeding grounds

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:34:42 PDT 2023

Nancy,

Beautiful video, wonderful to see, and without having to drive there. No
apology needed for setting it to Pachelbel's Canon in D. Well done.

I loved that melody as a child, and was first aghast, then amused when in
the early seventies I heard the commercial for Burger King using that tune.
-~ Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, have
it your way, at Burger King, have it your way at Burger King....
It sure did popularize the tune, and helped fit my classical music
upbringing into my high school world, so a combination not all bad.

Lately I've finally been able to return to enjoying birds while bicycling,
something I thought I'd never be able to do again. It helps me get my fix
of hearing and seeing birds with a much smaller turbine/lithium/carbon
footprint.

So here's a translation into Kevin -- my opined captioning for your video
lyrics:

Mud worms tickled
And you fed us
Slimy frogs and goldfish, let us