[Tweeters] Birding while cycling..

Steve Loitz steveloitz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:08:08 PDT 2023

Very cool! I first got into birding on my four trans-U.S. bicycle tours
during and immediately after my college years in the mid- to late 1970s. In
1981, on a bicycle tour from Missoula MT to Anchorage AK, we saw a Marbled
Murrelet perched in a big Western Hemlock. I realized years later that was
a once-in-a-lifetime ID!

Steve Loitz
Ellensburg

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 4:58 PM Tom Benedict <benedict.t at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2023, at 16:34, Kevin Lucas <vikingcove at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lately I've finally been able to return to enjoying birds while bicycling,

> something I thought I'd never be able to do again. It helps me get my fix

> of hearing and seeing birds with a much smaller turbine/lithium/carbon

> footprint.

> I’m interested in details Kevin. I have a hard time birding while walking,

> much less while bicycling. Or am I jumping to the conclusion that you are

> birding _while_ cycling rather than cycling between stops where you bird?

> Tom Benedict

> Seahurst, WA

Steve Loitz
Ellensburg, WA