[Tweeters] Skagit County

Hank Heiberg hank.heiberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:23:17 PDT 2023

Last week we spent three days in Skagit County visiting family, friends and
the never disappointing Museum of Northwest Art in La Conner. Oh, we also
birded!

While viewing American White Pelicans located on an island in Padilla Bay
we noticed 200+ Double-crested Cormorants swimming from the south towards
us. We had never seen this behavior before by a large group of
Double-crested Cormorants. Our guess is that they were feeding. Here is a
link to a video of what we watched.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53213260906/in/dateposted/

(The video on Flickr may take awhile to load. Here is a link to the same
video on our YouTube channel. It might run more smoothly, but it might
also be preceded by an ad.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdEQ6pk1jYg

For the first time we birded Padilla Bay Shore Trail.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53208783813/in/dateposted/

It was extremely birdy and we saw our “bird of the trip” there, a Whimbrel.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53208784143/in/dateposted/

Here is a link to our trip photo album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/albums/72177720311428780

and a link to our eBird trip report.