[Tweeters] FOF!

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Wed Sep 27 10:30:33 PDT 2023

First of Fall - about 100 Snow Geese in two wedges moving South over Gardner
road area. Medium altitude (2 or 3 thousand feet at most), so perhaps,
looking for somewhere to settle for the night/a few days/the season.
Confirmed
with binoculars as they flew close over our house.

Not confirmed but possibly also 3 Trumpeter Swans this A.M. They
disappeared
from my view before I could get the binoculars working. They were flying
South, low over Gardner road (a couple of hundred feet high at most). The
only other bird(s) it could have been was some gulls ... but I rushed to
get the binoculars only to loose track of them.

We've seen at least two Turkey Vultures, some Juncos and Black-capped
Chickadees, a plethora of Anna's including 3 very small ones, and other
assorted birds today. Among them at least one Red-tailed Hawk.

- Jim and Loretta