[Tweeters] mtn/urban Birds

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Wed Sep 27 14:18:42 PDT 2023

David,

Having just learned of this myself - perhaps it is possible for you to use
the "Bar Charts" feature of eBird's "Explore" to get the answers you want?
I realize that it doesn't directly address the question of ver
tical -vs- geographic migration ... but you should be able to use it
to discover
"what birds to expect - where?".
I know that I intend to use it for just this kind of use myself. My
idea is that I can "look at the bar charts -before- I go out birding"
in order to have some idea of whether or not a particular bird(s)
should be in my search for what to find ... and where.

As always - the largest percentage of bird behavior (including where
they are/are not) is determined by either food availability or
procreation. Both of which will influence "territorial behaviors".

- hope this helps more than it doesn't ... Jim