[Tweeters] Northcentral WA Trip - Day 2 - OK Highlands

Jon Houghton jonbirder at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 16:00:02 PST 2024

Hi Tweets - Sounds like my day 1 tweet, sent from my phone, was scrubbed by our carrier!?! Oh well, we didn't see much except for really cute Saw-whets at Bridgeport SP. On Monday, we headed optimistically up to the Okanogan Highlands with our first stop at Fancher Road where we were sure to find Chuckar and Golden Eagle. It was about 32 degrees with light rainy snow but we saw nothing but Ravens and Magpies, not even a quail (more on this spot later). From there, we headed up Siwash Rd. hoping for Sharptailed Grouse and several other birds we often have seen there. We made it almost to where No. Siwash Cr. Rd. heads north haven seen nothing but Magpie (low down) and Ravens - mostly higher up. I walked significant