[Tweeters] Pine Siskins

houstojc at plu.edu houstojc at plu.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:41:30 PST 2024

HI Trileigh,

Since we are in your neck of the woods, we have been seeing from 2-6 Pine
Siskins in our yard every day. Sometimes just one. I have seen larger
groups fly over a few times, but never overwhelming numbers. Mercifully,
they all seem very healthy. Mostly, we have quite a few American
Goldfinches, very few but present House Finches, and since January 20 we
have had two male Lesser Goldfinches show up sporadically. They were here
quite regularly until the end of January, but made unpredictable
appearances. It has been fun, though. One of them showed up in the front
yard for about 30 seconds early this morning. There was a Merlin perched
in the back yard.. it was quiet after that.

Mark and I have see several large flocks of Siskins in Jack Block Park.
Sometimes 30 or more in a flock.

So, that's the Finch report from Gatewood!

Janeanne Houston

West Seattle