birdmarymoor birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Feb 15 14:19:18 PST 2024

Tweets - The weather wasn't very pleasant this morning; yesterday's weather would have been much better.  Cold, breezy, biting, dark, and sometimes wet.  But it was quite a good day of birding.  Go figure.
Highlights:     Wood Duck - Two males with a female in the slough near the start of the boardwalk
     American Wigeon - One female with about 70 Mallards on the grass soccer fields
     Red-breasted Sapsucker - One near the mansion area restrooms - First of Year (FOY) and first since August
     Merlin - One caught and killed an American Robin at the very start of our walk.  Flew off with it to eat
     HUTTON'S VIREO - One singing and calling, but not seen, west of the mansion (FOY) - our first since 2021!
     Purple Finch - One near the last Dog Swim Beach (FOY) - our first in two months
     White-throated Sparrow - One with Golden-crowned Sparrows next to the Dog Area portapotties
     Yellow-rumped Warbler - A few "Myrtle"-type birds near the Lake Platform
     Townsend's Warbler - West of the mansion in a great mixed flock (FOY) - our first since October

Misses today included Hooded Merganser, Belted Kingfisher, Downy Woodpecker, and House Finch.
For the day, a year's best 56 species. For the year, we're at 71 species.
= Michael Hobbs= BirdMarymoor at gmail.com= www.marymoor.org/birding.htm