[Tweeters] Female Pileated Woodpecker

Louise louiserutter1000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:04:28 PST 2024

>From the Burke website:

*The Burke Museum welcomes salvaged specimen donations under the following
conditions:*

- Please deliver specimens within a sealed container, like a plastic
bag, and be sure to include a note inside indicating the date and location
found (i.e. city/town).
- If possible, please ensure that specimens are either frozen or in
otherwise good condition when delivered.
- Please note that the Burke Museum cannot accept living specimens, nor
can we provide monetary appraisals for any wildlife product.

Salvaged specimens may be delivered to the Burke Museum non-public business
entrance, which is located at the northeast corner of the building and can
be accessed via the intercom outside the door. Deliveries are accepted
without an appointment between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays, though please
contact Burke Ornithology (burkeornithology at uw.edu) if accommodation beyond
this timeframe is needed.
I attach a tag with the info on to the bird's leg with a twist tie, then
wrap the bird in newspaper inside a plastic bag and freeze it until I can
take it in.

Louise Rutter
Kirkland