[Tweeters] more goldfinches in Maple Leaf

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Mon Jan 1 09:57:33 PST 2024

So this morning nine American Goldfinches came to our feeder, eclipsing the six of a few days ago. Their increase day after day is quite surprising, and I can’t imagine how it takes place. Do they fly around the neighborhood calling, and those four-noted calls are actually saying feeDERS nearby - folLOW our flock? Or maybe they do divide like amoebas.

The Pine Siskin I saw with them a few days ago hasn’t reappeared, though.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle