[Tweeters] Love finding Black Oystercatchers

Kellie Sagen kelliekvinne at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 08:53:04 PST 2024

Daoud,

A super fun spot for oystercatchers is the county park on San Juan Island. In years past when we’ve camped there, they have delighted us with their loud vocalizations. If you don’t mind being woken up at 3 AM by it then it’s pretty cool, and if you’re extra lucky you can simultaneously hear the blows of our resident orcas in Haro Strait. BLOY are often foraging on the rocks at Lime Kiln and Cattle Point too.

Best,

Kellie Sagen 🦉