[Tweeters] Skagit County Upriver Trip Report

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Wed Jan 3 20:33:15 PST 2024

Hi,

We drove upriver today to see what the situation is with Bald Eagles
and other birds. We went from Burlington to as far as Marblemount
(yes, some of you don't consider some/all of that trip "upriver") and
the trip included going up the Sauk and Cascade drainages and both
sides of the Skagit between Concrete and Marblemount.
We saw eagles - but not many and no large groups ... a single eagle
here and there (almost always perched on a tree with a view of the
water). We saw fewer Red-tailed Hawks but still a few. We were not
looking for the smaller birds and did not note any of them - including
Corvids and Passerines.
We did not see any deer or elk - but weren't expecting them. No bear,
coyote, or wolf. No squirrels or chipmunks.
We didn't stop for long, rarely got out of the car, didn't hike. So
what we did see was strictly the highlights.

We did share an Excellent cheeseburger at the Cascade Burgers in
Concrete.
- Jim