[Tweeters] (no subject) Kent Valley Birding 1.11.24

MARVIN BREECE marvbreece at q.com
Fri Jan 12 06:29:30 PST 2024

Yesterday (1.11.24) there was a RED FOX SPARROW at Whistling Train Farm in Kent. https://flic.kr/p/2prZK9z

Along S 285th St where it dead ends at Hwy 167, I counted 152 KILLDEER in the field to the north. Mixed among the Killdeer were at least 6 LEAST SANDPIPERS.

The adult NORTHERN RED-TAILED HAWK ( Buteo jamaicensis abieticola ) continues at M Street, west of Emerald Downs, in Auburn. It has been there since at least 11.18.23.
For more information about this red-tail see: https://ebird.org/canada/news/identifying-northern-red-tailed-hawks/
I have put several videos of this bird on Flickr since 11.18.23: https://flic.kr/ps/376fhN

I have not seen the Eastern, or the light or dark morph Harlan's for several days, but the adult northern is usually present and is relatively easy to spot with a scope at the north end of the area. This particular individual has a pure white throat. A white throat and a red tail is not a common combination among western red-tails.

Marv BreeceTukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com