[Tweeters] Frozen Bird Bath

Shelf Life Community Story Project info at shelflifestories.com
Fri Jan 12 09:49:28 PST 2024

Some strategies I’ve used for keeping hummer feeders and bird water thawed.

Incandescent Christmas lights, the old kind that get a little warm, not the LED kind, can be wrapped around a feeder to keep it warm. Or one of those ceramic bulbs used for pet reptiles. I plug one in and point it at the feeder a few inches away. If there’s no electricity nearby, you can get some of the more affordable electric socks that come with a little battery that keeps them warm. Charge those up and wrap a sock around the feeder with a rubber band.

Those mats people use to keep seedlings warm can go under a pan of water.

Jill