[Tweeters] Feeder Excitement-Redpoll

PENNY & DAVID KOYAMA plkoyama at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 10:05:02 PST 2024

Tweets,

Was watching the feeder this a.m., noting the regular appearance of one Male Varied Thrush and a White-throated Sparrow, both of which have been with us since late Oct. It was busy with a full seed feeder, suet, and patio mix thrown onto the gravel below the feeders. I was completely gob-smacked to see a Common Redpoll come in with the goldfinch and siskins. It few back and forth from the seed feeder to the deciduous junk just in back, with it's red head all but shining!
I'm still waiting for its return, but no luck so far.

Has anyone seen redpolls yet this winter? This one was by itself and Ive only seen them in flocks before, mostly at Green Lake or E WA.

Matt B, mark me down for a King Co CORE if no one else has taken that spot!

Penny Koyama, Bothell