[Tweeters] De-icer for frozen birdbath

Sharon Howard clmssh at comcast.net
Fri Jan 12 16:38:47 PST 2024

Looking out this morning I saw birds walking around the edge of the birdbath which was frozen solid. Needing some birdseed and suet blocks anyway, I went over to the Seattle Nature Shop to get the seed and suet, and I also bought an electric de-icer for the birdbath. The Nature Shop had 3 different sizes. Once back home, after some difficulty getting the frozen ice out of the birdbath, I washed it, and refilled the basin. Then I put in the de-icer and plugged it. Very shortly there were several birds coming to the birdbath drinking and standing on the edge. It is so cold out that there is water vapor rising from the birdbath, but at least it won’t freeze. Made me very happy with my winterization efforts. Stay warm everyone.
Sharon Howard
Ballard