[Tweeters] 2023 CSWA reminder to unhide checklists and recap

Cara Borre cmborre1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:21:01 PST 2024

Happy New Year tweets!

Here's a late reminder (and thank you) for everyone who hid last year's
CSWA sighting to unhide your checklists.

To unhide a previously hidden checklist, go to the checklist, click
"Checklist Tools" and from the drop down select "Show in eBird Output".

Here's a summary of significant events, in short I'm not sure the birds
successfully mated:

6-8-23: Asta and I discover the bird singing and I quickly post it to eBird.
6-13-23: John Puschock discovers a second bird, a female, and sees it
collecting nesting material and likely bringing it to a nesting site. Asta
and I see both birds in the afternoon
6-15-23: Asta and I see (and photograph) the female collecting nesting
material from the gravel road. THIS CHECKLIST IS NOW UNHIDDEN
6-23-23: The last time we saw both birds, but most days we are walking dogs
and don't have optics, aren't looking too hard for the quiet female
7-3-23: Ryan Merrill sees both birds for the last time
7-4-23: The last time we see the male (also had a bear sighting). We would
return 1-3 times per week through the Fall scouting for the bird(s)
unsuccessfully.

Cheers!

Cara Borre
Gig Harbor