[Tweeters] Hummingbird in house

Jenn Jarstad jennjarstad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:03:23 PST 2024

So heartbroken when a friend told me a hummingbird entered her apartment
Friday night. I went over early Saturday morning to help lure it out. I
brought a feeder from my backyard (torn about taking a food source from my
super territorial yard), but very much wanted to help her situation. I left
her place a couple hours later, as my friend was not fond of having her
front door open allowing super cold temps inside. The bird flew in front of
the door numerous times, but did not want to exit.

When I returned hours later, she told me the Anna's had died. Don't think
there was much hope even if I had successfully set her outside, but still
found it heartbreaking. I feel gratitude for those who have published
similar posts.
Jenn Jarstad
Seattle, WA