[Tweeters] Well Tweeters, what do think of this?: “World's first-ever smart binoculars can identify 9,000 birds thanks to built-in AI | Digital Camera World”

Rachel Lawson rwlawson5593 at outlook.com
Thu Jan 18 13:59:58 PST 2024

To put this in perspective, in about 370 BCE, Plato argued against the new invention of writing in his dialogue "Phaedrus":

"If men learn this, it will plant forgetfulness in their souls. They will cease to exercise memory because they rely on that which is written, calling things to remembrance no longer from within themselves, but by means of external marks."

Ironically, we only know today what Plato said then because someone wrote it down.+

(Quote from The Brain Food Newsletter, Farnam Street Media)

Rachel Lawson
Seattle
rwlawson5593 at outlook.com