[Tweeters] Off topic--birding in Panama

byers345 at comcast.net byers345 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 19:03:32 PST 2024

Hello Tweeters,

Bill and I bravely (for us) decided we could handle a trip
outside the US as far as Panama. We joined a tour there in late December
and stayed through early January. We stayed in Panama City for one day, but
our main lodging was in western Panama in El Valle de Anton, which I hadn't
realized was located inside the caldera of an ancient volcano. The valley
is high enough to avoid the heat of the coast, but as a payback, is wet. We
stayed at Canopy Lodge, which is one of a trio of accommodations owned by
Raul Arias and his wife Denise. Everything is aimed at making a birder
happy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/albums/72177720313956550

Since I just shared a Flickr album of photos from Washington
last month, I was hesitant to post another one so soon. However, Ed Newbold
and Delia Scholes were kind enough to say I should. So via the included
hyperlink, you can see some of what we saw: mostly birds, but also people,
scenery, and other critters. The photos are from the Panama Canal area near
Panama City, the Metro Park in Panama City and from the area in and around
Canopy Lodge.

Best regards and Happy New Year, Charlotte Byers, Edmonds