[Tweeters] kinglet question

Stan Bezimienny grzebiuszkaziemna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 12:48:26 PST 2024

Dennis,

A few miles North (Lake Forest Park) we have plenty of Golden-crowned Kinglets year round, coming to bird bath in 2s, 3s or even 4s at the time, but never feeding on suet. Ruby-crown are much less common (winter only), but I had one feeding on suet yesterday.

Mature native conifers+densly planted ornamentals is probably more of a factor than geography, but maybe I am wrong on it, but I am always amazed how different Dennis’s yard reports are from our situation.

Stan