[Tweeters] Okanogan Highlands/Waterville Plateau Scout Trip 1/20/24

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 21:48:17 PST 2024

Hi Tweets,
Scouting for my upcoming WOS Winter Trip. Some good finds today. Northern Pygmy Owl on Salmon Greek Road off Conconully Highway. One Sharp-tailed Grouse in the Water Birch Tree with the Great Horned Owl across from Happy Hill Road. 300 plus Bohemian Waxwings at McLaughlin Canyon Orchard with fly overs of Gray Crowned Rosy-Finch. Nice looks of American Tree Sparrow at Timentwa Creek on north section of Cameron Lake Road. Over 150 Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch at cattle scrape on Timentwa Flats. 5000+ Snow Buntings on south section of Cameron Lake Road. Observed 5+ Lapland Longspur in the flock. We heard Sandhill Crane in the area and watched a Prairie Falcon swoop in and pick up a Horned Lark. Moderate snow with temperatures in the 20’s.
Happy birding!
Shep

Shep Thorp, VMD
Family Guy, Emergency Veterinarian, Birder
Browns Point, Tacoma
253-370-3742