[Tweeters] Yellow Aster Butte

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Jan 23 12:23:52 PST 2024

Hi,

First - I realize that this area is not easily accessed and even not
recommended at this time of year - I'm planning ahead.

I just learned of this location. It's near Mt. Baker and has the oldest
rock formations in Washington State. It's fairly steep - from the trail
head to the top is about 2500 feet of elevation gain in just under 4 miles
of one way hiking. But there is a good trail that has lots of visitors
every year.

.... sooooo, I'm wondering if this area is very birdy? And what month
would be the best to visit it to see the birds of the North
Cascades?

Have you been here? I'd love to hear from you if you have. Other
alternative suggestion welcomed. I'm 79 so "difficult" or "strenous"
are not in the cards.
- Jim