[Tweeters] Gregg Thompson

RW Hamlyn xtenter at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 21:33:32 PST 2024

Years ago, my wife Dory and I were looking for Prairie Falcons ‘over the hill’, when we happened to run into Gregg. Dory was shooting with a Panasonic Lumix in those days and from then on, he enjoyed calling her “Lumox”. Yes he did have a wry sense of humor. We wish now that we had saved all of his wonderful images, never thinking that some day, there would no longer be another email with raptors, mushrooms, spiders or dragonflies. We learned so much from his images and his willingness to share his knowledge. He will be missed … but the yellow cap and “Lumox” will bring a smile to our faces.
Gregg has been a contributing photographer for BirdNote for many years. You can see some of his extraordinary images on their web site. Here is a direct link: https://www.birdnote.org/contributor/greggthompson

Dory & Ray Hamlyn